At this time of year, we normally take the Beavers away for two nights away under canvas. Unfortunately for the 2second year running, we are having to do our Damboree @ Home where the Beavers and Cubs have been set challenges over the 24 hour period.
Here is the story.
We asked all our campers to take part in an Earth Hour activity between 8:30 and 9:30. Many marshmallows were toasted along with some other ideas they came up with.
110g Cream Cheese
12 Oreo Biscuits
- Pull the biscuits in half
- Scrape off the filling and keep it in a bowl.
- Put the biscuits into the plastic bag, wrap the bag in a tea towel and whack it with a rolling pin until you have crumbs
- Mix the crumbs with the cream cheese and biscuit filling in the bowl
- Shape the goo into 2cm rough balls and put in the fridge while you have tea
- Roll the cooled balls into smooth balls
- Melt the chocolate in a mug in the microwave or place the mug in a pan partially filled with water
- Dip each ball into the chocolate (I found using 2 teaspoons helpful) and put it on to greaseproof paper
- Make a small hole in each bomb and poke in about 2cm of a strawberry shoelace.
- Return to the fridge for about 15 minutes
- Do the washing up
We challenged out Beavers, Cubs and Scouts to disguise themselves as a spy so that no-one would recognise them