At this time of year, we normally take the Beavers away for two nights away under canvas. Unfortunately for the 2second year running, we are having to do our Damboree @ Home where the Beavers and Cubs have been set challenges over the 24 hour period.
Here is the story.
We would like to share one of the activities our youth members are doing during the Easter holidays with the rest of the Liss community.
What 3 Words is a smartphone application that divides the world into 3m squares and each square is given a unique combination of three words. What 3 Words can be used by the emergency services to give them your location and is more accurate than road names or trying to describe where you are meaning help will be on the way faster.
Using the App visit each of the locations and find the clue to the secret location. Please don’t post the secret location on social media as it might spoil the activity for other users. We will post the answer on this page on 19 April.
This is a fun activity that you are taking part in at your own risk. Please ensure that you take the normal precautions that would take if you were out for a walk with your family. 1st Liss Scout Group accept no responsibility for loss or injury.
There is no prize, other than the pleasure of taking part and completing the challenge.
After you have completed the challenge you can upload a photo of you at the final location and we may publish it on our website. Just follow this link. Dropbox.
We asked all our campers to take part in an Earth Hour activity between 8:30 and 9:30. Many marshmallows were toasted along with some other ideas they came up with.
110g Cream Cheese
12 Oreo Biscuits
- Pull the biscuits in half
- Scrape off the filling and keep it in a bowl.
- Put the biscuits into the plastic bag, wrap the bag in a tea towel and whack it with a rolling pin until you have crumbs
- Mix the crumbs with the cream cheese and biscuit filling in the bowl
- Shape the goo into 2cm rough balls and put in the fridge while you have tea
- Roll the cooled balls into smooth balls
- Melt the chocolate in a mug in the microwave or place the mug in a pan partially filled with water
- Dip each ball into the chocolate (I found using 2 teaspoons helpful) and put it on to greaseproof paper
- Make a small hole in each bomb and poke in about 2cm of a strawberry shoelace.
- Return to the fridge for about 15 minutes
- Do the washing up